20 Ağustos 2026 Perşembe

5.Dan Grading 🤔











Merhaba Arkadaşlar,

Bu yazım da sizlerle benimle alakası olmayan ama iki arkadaşımın bu haftasonu girecekleri 5.Dan sınavına ilişkin izlenimlerimi paylaşmak istiyorum. 

Önemli Not: Benim seviyem şu anda 6.Dan! Jüri panelinde en fazla 4.Dan seviyesine kadar notlandırma da bulunabiliyorum. 

Her ikisini de 8 yıldır tanıyorum ve fırsatım olursa ayda 3 veya 4 defa kulüplerini ziyaret etmeye gayret ediyorum.

Daha önce bir veya iki defa 5.Dan sınavına girmişlerdi ancak başarılı olamamışlardı. 

Elimden geldiğince onlara yardımcı olmaya çalıştım, bana geçmişte verilen tüm önemli detayları kendileri ile paylaştım.  Şimdi bunları sizlerle de paylaşmak istiyorum. 

İsimlerini buradan vermek istemediğim bazı 8.Dan ve 7.Dan’ların bu önemli İpuçları umarım size de faydalı olur.

  • Etkili ve güzel bir Rei-ho
  • “Hajime” komutundan sonra sürekli olarak kontrol ve sürekli “Seme” ile rakibe baskı yapılmalı
  • Etkili ve düzgün bir Kamae
  • Shinai’nun ucu çok yukarıda durmamalı
  • Devam eden saldırılar göstermek 
  • Mümkünse “Kaeshi-Do” tekniğini göstermek
  • Her zaman saldırmak zorunda hissetmeyin. Sakin ve sabırlı kalın 
  • Her zaman kendi kesiş mesafenizden kendo yapın
  • Sadece ve sadece bildiğiniz düzgün Kihon’ları göstermeye odaklanın. Zanshin çok çok önemli

Yukarıda sıraladığım liste kesinlikle çok önemli , bir çok kişi sınava girdiğinde mutlaka sayı almaya yönelik saldırılarda bulunuyor. Büyük bir çoğunluğu ise, zanshin yaparken bir maç içindeymiş gibi kısa veya kihon’dan uzak bir şekilde zanshin gösteriyorlar . En büyük hata ise hiç ileri gitmemek sanırım.

Kendimce eklemek istediğim ufak bir kaç detay daha var. “Sabır” kesinlikle çok önemli, sürekli olarak saldırmak ve “ben bu sınavı geçmek istiyorum” adı altında daha da saldırgan görünmeye çalışmak bence büyük hata.

“Ben bu sınavı geçmek istiyorum” demek için , güçlü, etkili, rakibi kontrol edebilen bir seme ile sürekli baskı altında tutup, sonunda yaptığınız kesişten sonra çok kaliteli bir zanshin gösterebilmek çok daha önemli diye düşünüyorum.

Ben kendi sınavlarımda her zaman bir liste ile sınava giriyorum. 

  • Çok düzgün ve dik bir duruş ile sahaya girmek
  • Kaliteli ve etkili bir Rei-ho göstermek
  • Rakip ile aynı anda oturup kalkmak
  • En az 3 tane ve git gide artan şiddette Kiai yapmak 
  • Mutlaka iyi bir “Men” kesişi ile başlamak
  • Ve sınav seviyesine uygun olarak 2 tekniği temiz bir şekilde sırayla göstermek

Elbette ki sınav gibi ciddi ve önemli bir durumda bazı riskli teknikler var. Genellikle önermediğim bu teknikler bazılarınıza garip görünebilir. Bunları şimdi yazıyorum;

  • Kote-uchi: bir rakibe özellikle sınavda direk Kote yapmak aşırı derecede zor ve karşı atak konusunda da çok risklidir. Önerim: mümkünse Debana-Kote için iyi bir seme yapmanız. Ama emin değilseniz kesinlikle yapmayın. 
  • Do / Nuki-Do / Gyaku-Do: bu üç teknik dürüst olmak gerekirse bir hayli ileri seviyelere ve uzun zamandır bu teknikleri rahatlıkla uygulayan kişiler için uygun olabilir . Önerim: Do kesişi göstermek istiyorsanız en etkili teknik kesinlikle “Kaeshi-Do” olur, bu tekniği doğru bir sırayla gösterirseniz hiç bir sorun yok. Doğru sıralama ise “Etkili bir seme ile rakibi Men vuruşuna çağırma ardından Kaeshi-Do kesişi ve iyi bir zanshin.
  • Hiki teknikler: İlk üç Dan seviyesinde bunların uygulamakta bir sorun görmüyorum, ancak sonraki seviyelerde göstermek biraz riskli diye düşünüyorum. Çok kaliteli bir kesiş olmadığı sürece tamamen vakit kaybı. Önerim: Tsubazeria’ya geldiğinizde kontrollü bir şekilde çekilin be yeni bir başlangıç yapın.
  • Rakibi kovalamak: rakibiniz size bir kesiş yaptıktan sonra peşinden koşup kovalamaya ve vuruş yapmaya çalışmayın. Önerim: Sakin ve bir sonraki saldırı için odaklanmaya çalışın.

Bir çok detayı ebetteki hatırlamak çok zor ama zaten Kendo dünyasındaki sınav sisteminin altında yatan mantık size her yeni seviye de yeni bir bilgi birikimini öğrenmeniz için zaman tanımaktır. 

Umarım pazar günü arkadaşlarım sınavlarını başarıyla geçerler ve umarım burada yazdıklarım sizlere biraz da olsa yardımcı olur. 

Teşekkür ederim 

Saygılarımla 

English


Hi everyone,

In this post, I wanted to share my thoughts and impressions regarding the 5th Dan exam that two of my friends are taking this weekend—though I'm not directly involved myself!


Important Note: My current level is 6th Dan, and on the grading panel, I can only score up to the 4th Dan level.


I've known both of them for 8 years, and whenever I have the chance, I try to visit their club 3 or 4 times a month. They previously attempted the 5th Dan exam once or twice before, but unfortunately, they didn't pass.

I've tried to help them out as much as I can, sharing all the valuable details and tips that were passed down to me in the past. Now, I’d love to pass them on to you as well!

I won't mention names here, but I hope these crucial tips—shared with me by various 8th Dans and 7th Dans—will be helpful to you too:

 Deliver a polished and effective Rei-ho.

 After the "Hajime" command, maintain continuous control and constant pressure on your opponent using Seme.

 Show a strong, proper Kamae.

 Make sure the tip of your Shinai isn't held too high.

 Demonstrate continuous, flowing attacks.

 If possible, showcase the Kaeshi-Do technique.

 Don't feel like you always have to attack. Stay calm and patient.

 Always fence within your own striking distance (Ma-ai).

 Focus purely and solely on executing clean Kihon that you know well. Zanshin is super, super important!

The list above is definitely crucial. When taking the exam, many people rush to land scoring hits. A vast majority try to show Zanshin as if they are in the middle of a fast match—making it too brief or straying far from proper Kihon. I think the biggest mistake of all is never moving forward.

A Few Extra Details from Me

Patience is absolutely key. Constantly attacking and trying to look more aggressive under the mindset of "I really want to pass this exam" is, in my opinion, a huge mistake.

I believe saying "I want to pass" is better expressed by applying constant pressure with a strong, effective, and controlling Seme, followed by a high-quality Zanshin right after your strike.

Whenever I took my own exams, I always went in with a mental checklist:

 Enter the floor with a very neat, upright posture.

 Display a high-quality, effective Rei-ho.

 Sit down and stand up in sync with your opponent.

 Perform at least 3 progressively building Kiai.

 Always start with a great Men strike.

 Cleanly execute and demonstrate two techniques suited for the exam level in proper sequence.

Risky Techniques to Watch Out For

Of course, in a serious and important situation like an exam, certain techniques carry risks. Some of you might find my advice on these unusual, but here is my take:

 Kote-uchi: Going straight for a direct Kote, especially in an exam, is extremely difficult and carries a high risk of counterattacks. My advice: If possible, build up a good Seme for a Debana-Kote. But if you aren't sure, don't do it at all.

 Do / Nuki-Do / Gyaku-Do: To be honest, these three techniques are best suited for much more advanced levels and for people who have been smoothly executing them for a long time. My advice: If you want to show a Do strike, Kaeshi-Do is definitely the most effective choice. As long as you show it in the right sequence, there won't be any issues. The correct sequence is: An effective Seme to invite your opponent's Men strike, followed by the Kaeshi-Do cut, and a solid Zanshin.

 Hiki techniques: I don't see any issue with using these in the first three Dan levels, but using them at higher levels feels a bit risky. Unless it's an exceptionally high-quality cut, it's a complete waste of time. My advice: Once you enter Tsubazeria-ai, cleanly break away with control and make a fresh start.

 Chasing the opponent: After your opponent makes a strike, do not chase after them and try to hit them on the run. My advice: Stay calm and refocus for your next attack.

It is certainly hard to remember every single detail, but the underlying logic of the grading system in the world of Kendo is to give you time to accumulate and master new knowledge at every new level.

I hope my friends pass their exams successfully on Sunday, and I hope what I've written here helps you out even just a little bit.


Thank you,


Best regards


BKA Kendo Summer Seminar 2026

Merhaba Arkadaşlar, Arka arkaya bir çok yazı paylaştığım için üzgünüm. Ama etkinlikler böyle arka arkaya olunca mecburen yazıya döküyorum.  ...